Almond Hot Chocolate
- 135 g bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- 5 ml unsweetened cocoa, plus more for garnish
- 475 ml Almond Breeze Original Almond Milk
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 75g almonds, roasted
- 20g bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- Place the chocolate and cocoa in a mixing bowl.
- Bring almond milk to a boil in a saucepan. Pour over chocolate and cocoa and whisk well to melt and make frothy. Stir in vanilla.
- If available, use a hand blender or hand mixer to make it even more frothy on top.
- Pour into mugs and serve immediately. Dust with cocoa to garnish and serve with Chocolate-covered Almonds.
- Place a metal bowl of chocolate on top of one inch of water in a small saucepan.
- Bring water to a low simmer; stir chocolate until melted.
- Remove pan from heat. Working quickly, dip half of each almond in melted chocolate.
- Let dry on waxed paper, and serve.
To Roast Almonds:
- Spread in an ungreased baking pan.
- Place in 177 °C oven and bake 10 minutes or until golden brown and fragrant; stir once or twice to assure even browning.
- Note that almonds will continue to roast slightly after removing from oven.